· School Setup of ArcView and Dataset Management Guide - a good place to start for school techs and schools BEFORE commencing their GIS installation.
· LRT Support to use of GIS in Curriculum - support to Geomatics 12 and Jr/Sr High social studies under the Information Economy Initiative plus an overview of a series of support CDs containing additional datasets of Nova Scotia, organized lessons and data from a range of sources and additional data and programs to support your classrooms outcomes.
· School GIS Links for NS Schools for Teacher PD - a set of links arranged to assist local PD efforts as well as more exploring of GIS by NS teachers.
· GeoWorld - over 5500 links for history and geography to support your curriculum.
ArcVoyager - a free version of ArcView - a good place to start teachers and students
learning about GIS and how it functions.
NOTE: Be sure to install the Special Edition version of ArcVoyager. It is recommended that all use the Special Edition, even if you have ArcView installed as it contains better pre-made Canadian projects. You must use the Special Edition, if you do not have ArcView installed.
· Download ArcExplorer - Similar to ArcVoyager, but a viewer only, yet it does allow you to save the limited alterations you have made.
· ArcView on line reference materials - a set of downloadable references and on line information that will assist you in implementing GIS in your classroom. mainly a teacher resource, but usable also by students.
· An ESRI Compilation of GIS, Education, and Related Web Sites - a good place to browse and learn more about GIS and GIS related activities.
· Suggestions from Geography.com on selecting GIS data - how do I select data for my project.
· A Compilation of Sites highlighting the Uses of GIS today - US based info from University of Virginia.
of Nova Scotia Communities with Aerial Photographs and local information
- good project site for hot linking your GIS map communities to.
AirScapes Nova Scotia Photographs by Ron Garnett.